This is going to be a very short posting on just how exactly the Lunar New Year Cake can be prepared for serving guests. Hopefully you all tried the recipe I first uploaded in 2010. If not, the recipe can be found here --> Lunar New Year Cake
To cook, or rather, reheat to serve the cake:
- Slice the cake into 1cm thick slices and about the length and width of a credit card.
- Crack and beat a whole egg.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and oil lightly.
- Dip each slice of the Lunar Cake into the egg batter coat and then place directly onto the pan.
- Flip each piece over once the egg is cooked and some light browning has occured.
- Remove from the pan and serve once both sides of each slice is done heating up.