It's a cold Sunday here a week before Christmas. After days of shopping, I'm really not in the mood to put in a lot of effort to make a meal, but I know that I'd rather make something somewhat healthy rather than order food in. For a lazy Sunday, I can make Congee (Plain Congee Recipe), but I still want something to bite on, so Pan Fried Rolled Rice Noodles it is!
At your local Chinese grocer, you can find fresh packages of Rolled Rice Noodles. Poke the packaging lightly and if the noodles have a lot of bounce, they're fairly fresh. You can store these packages in your refrigerator for roughly a week and a half and they'll still taste great!
For a quick and easy meal, you'll only need the following ingredients:
- Open the package of Rolled Rice Noodles and chop them diagonally into bite sized lengths
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add a small amount of oil
- Place the Rolled Rice Noodle pieces into the pan and lightly brown the outsides
- Add a dash of sugar to the rice noodles. This will help balance the saltiness of the soy that you'll be adding later
- Put a splash of Dark Soy (1/2 tsp should be enough) for colour
- Add 1 tsp of regular Soy Sauce