To make Green Bean Dessert, you'll need:
- One package (approximately 300g) of Green Beans
- Three sticks of Brown Sugar
- Roughly 4L of water
- The night before you plan on making it, open the package of green beans and soak in a large bowl of water.
- The next morning, pour the beans into a large pot and add about 4L of water. Put in the sugar at this point as well.
- Boil the water on high heat until it boils, then turn down the heat to medium. Do not cover the pot and continue to let the water boil for nearly an hour and a half, stirring intermittently. The water level will drop, concentrating the flavour of the green beans. in the photo below, you can clearly see that the water level has dropped about an inch from where it was earlier.
- The Green Bean Dessert can be considered nearly finished when the water has a homogenous colour.
- At this point, add three sticks of the brown sugar into the pot. Stir around intermittently to facilitate the melting of the sugar.
- Turn off the heat once the sugar has all been melted, and serve warm, or allow to sit and cool.