The ingredients used:
- 1 part all purpose flour (roughly 1 cup used)
- 1 part water (roughly 1 cup used)
- 1 Chinese sausage, chopped finely
- a handful of chives (to taste and texture), chopped finely
- salt (pinch)
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 6-7 tiny dried shrimp, chopped finely (optional)
To make pancakes, the process is simple:
- Pour the flour into a mixing bowl, and add a pinch of salt
- Add the water to the flour and mix. If the mixture is too viscous after mixing, feel free to add a 1/3 cup water and try again.
- Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- Add the Chinese sausage, chives, and dried shrimp if used
- Mix the ingredients. The final mixture should be about the consistency of a batter.
- Heat up a 7" non-stick pan on medium heat, and oil lightly with a brush
- Add a full ladle of the batter to the pan and spread it out into a 6" circle. The pancake should be very thin, ~3 mm. In fact, the cooking should be very visible, seen as a hardening of the batter from outside inwards.
- Leave the pancake for ~2 minutes, or until the cooking process is 2/3 of the way done. Flip the pancake over, and cook for another 1 minute or so. The pancake should be lightly brown as seen in the photos.
- The final product will not be fully crispy, but is soft and can be rolled up, much like a crepe.
- Remove the cooked pancake, regrease the pan by brushing with oil, and add another ladle of batter and repeat the cooking steps.